Friday 16 July 2021

Of Unthatched Realities

The first time I saw you, somehow the universe opened up and birthed life in my emotions....

A life so daring

A life I was unprepared for  to breed

A life of blissful damnation..


I watch as time allows for us to depart

While these memories of us attach to the heart....

I must admit that it's been a tough act to follow as I go from waiting to not waiting for you

From hoping you'd come knocking on my door to looking forward to nothing more

From missing you to realizing that I was never really yours and you mine.


The lack of your presence makes me un-at-peace with where I am

For in this moment my wish would be to lay here with you 

In your arms

Watching the stars

As the music dies

And we catch our last train to the coast.


But ever since the grip came to a hold,

Withholding affection seems to be a favourite of my garments as I never cease to wear it with pride

All the while my object of desire in the darkest hours for passion, love and gratification remains you.

Without attempt of attaching no fault to your name 


By dint of you I have known the heat of sensual fire...

Although we were not, we committed more than lovers

And this body and existence left overwhelmed with awaiting your presence.


All of the love that was made is more than a fire

A once in a life-love molochize

Burning to life a muse that seemed to have died.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Money Cannot Buy

Freedom to sing Freedom to speak Freedom to seek Freedom to write Freedom to Feel Freedom to Love Freedom to be who you want to be Freedom t...