Thursday 1 June 2023

Of Two Men

One calls me beautiful 
And the other thinks I can be cute

One honours me with trust and a safe space
And the other constantly justifies everything he does and blames me for not trusting him

One needs me 
And the other one wants me around for as long as he can wait to put his life together 

One has found the capacity to love me in ways undreamed
And the other one gives me reasons to question if his love is always there...

One warms me like a warm blanket 
And the other hopes that I can keep warm

One hides his feelings
And the other wears his proudly on his sleeves

One dreams to make me his wife
And the other one is willing to take me as a wife.

One cannot live to see me sad
And the other one doesn't usually notice when am saddened.

One goes out of his way to make things right 
And the other proudly stays in the ways of his culture and hopes that I'd be fine with it 

Both make me laugh and smile
But one feels close and the other very distant from love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Money Cannot Buy

Freedom to sing Freedom to speak Freedom to seek Freedom to write Freedom to Feel Freedom to Love Freedom to be who you want to be Freedom t...