Friday 24 November 2023

In Nostalgia Goggles

 I was a lonely pearl 

Hardened by pain and heartbreak 

Contented with the love I cared to not share and the doors I kept closed.

Not mindful I was loving


Why did a fair omi find me?

And show me that love was after all worth to wear?

Why did he find me 

And filled my heart with flair?


He lured me to his beautiful heart

And woed me joy and glows of happiness instead.

Wore me like knots of silk

And loved me as if God chose him by hand to bring bliss and light.


And now, I am as an artic of midsummer, 

Feeding on the way he burns from me

As I wish upon stars that this melancholy would last only a night so I can surrender to his power naked as a jaybird as slowly

My flair swartens.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

What Money Cannot Buy

Freedom to sing Freedom to speak Freedom to seek Freedom to write Freedom to Feel Freedom to Love Freedom to be who you want to be Freedom t...