Friday 3 April 2020

Of Emotional Rushes

Your words. The stars
Your voice. The chills.
Your face. The place.
Thoughts of you. Everything I wanted to be.
Conversations with you. The setting sun.
When it all began. Everything beautiful.

Hurried emotions. From mind to heart to hurt.
Everything faded to black.
Lips. I dreamt to kiss. A bucket full of lies.
Going out, getting good.
Everything I imagined.  Heaven to heaven.
Drop dead. I thought this is it.

Suddenly the walls have fallen.
Windows stollen.
There's no more pollen. My petals all shrunk.
Where was this place a day ago???

Here's to moving on. Almost fell.
Staying strong. Slayed my insecurities.
Emotionally swamped. Here's to building stronger walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Money Cannot Buy

Freedom to sing Freedom to speak Freedom to seek Freedom to write Freedom to Feel Freedom to Love Freedom to be who you want to be Freedom t...