Sunday 3 December 2023

Dear friend

Dear friend,

I don't think you will ever fully understand 

Just how you have touched my heart

How truly special you are

And all the love I have to give....


Like a tree planted in desert land 

You stayed through bad days and stormy nights

And grew with me through whatever seasons came...


Dear friend,

To me, you'll never be old

Through winters cold and summers hot,

You will always be a love I want to hold...


Dear friend

You are my needs answered

A field in whom I saw with love and imperfections and reap with Thanksgiving 

My board and fireside

In you, my trust resides..


Through the bashful nights of November and the forceful light of summer

You never left my side.


I love you

Not only for what you are 

But for what I am when I am with you.

For what you are making of me,

I love you because you have done more than any creed could have done.


Dear friend

As I write

I think awhile of you

And as I think,

Your love to me is a world

Only meat and sweetest drinks 

And a close connecting link between earth and kingdom come.


Dear friend

I just want to say I love you in ways that I cannot express and I am grateful to have you a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Money Cannot Buy

Freedom to sing Freedom to speak Freedom to seek Freedom to write Freedom to Feel Freedom to Love Freedom to be who you want to be Freedom t...