Wednesday 13 December 2023

O Goddess of Freedom

 It is as if everything else has slept...

Many of memories forgotten and lost,

The mates that were,

The things done long and not long before

This freedom restored.


The moon and I,

There's none less free than who.

Stars are just stars and the moon, a moon.

For deeds cannot dream what dreams can do...  


Fierce was the flame while it lasted,

Heart of my heart,

Pain of my pain,

Have I offered thee .. 

Goddess of freedom

Aphrodite, restore...


Goddess of freedom and life-loving,

As the daisies run on the dunes to sea

Shall over the world my soul go free.

And over the world to sing and roam,

To dance and eat,

Make glad my feet,

To be carefree and run as the winds do, soft and fleet.

With this freedom, restore

Life to the limbs of me... 

Cast me to the core.


Goddess of freedom,

Now I know how good it is to be forgotten and forget.

To forget the friendships, the hardships and all the people you wish you never met...

In these moments, 

To think of life is sweet.

The shackles fall and drop about one's feet.


Now it seems the world and life are all complete...

As I stand at the grave of everything lost, dreaming of what I will do.

Now that I am free,

Goddess of freedom,

Cast me to the core.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Money Cannot Buy

Freedom to sing Freedom to speak Freedom to seek Freedom to write Freedom to Feel Freedom to Love Freedom to be who you want to be Freedom t...