Tuesday 8 March 2016

Choices

At the verge of night,
I lay down on my bed, with my head on the edge.....
My room all black
My night mares come back...
Its my past that won't retire...


I regret the moments I took for granted,
Moments I was eaten up by pride and hatred....
Am all alone, and its all in my head, you won't understand.

What happened to the life I had?
The one that was all cheesey and easy.....


I was impatient and naive.
I let people take advantage of me..
The desire to explore,
Pushed my life to the core, and now my heart is sore,
It can't feel anymore...

I thought I could find love and hold it....
Blindly, I went for it...
Gave in and tried to hold on to someone I thought felt the same...
My heart's tattoo had his name...
I only caused myself heartache and pain...

The choices I made
Got me mentally abused,
Physically misused...
But thanks to God, all the tears I cried finally fused.

Its the choices I made that landed me here today,
So whether or not I like it, I must strive to make it,
Pick up my personal pieces and give to this life a reason,
To go on through each and every season.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Money Cannot Buy

Freedom to sing Freedom to speak Freedom to seek Freedom to write Freedom to Feel Freedom to Love Freedom to be who you want to be Freedom t...